Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The RV Was Assaulted

After traveling over 12,000 miles we have had our first disaster with our RV. That is correct my RV was a victim yesterday and got stabbed by Mother Nature.  We were all sitting both inside and outside my RV getting ready to go on a hike when all of a sudder there was this huge bang.  Inside it sounded like an explosion; outside it sounded like something got hit hard.  Both were true.  Not knowing what the sound was the men, who were outside, jumped up and ran to the rear side of the RV while the ladies, inside, all jumped up and ran outside.  The slide on our RV was stabbed by a 12 ft limb that broke off of a tree 50 ft above it.  It came straight down and acted like a spear and drove a hole through the awning,metal, insulation, wood and ceiling then broke off and left a 15 inch piece of wood stuck in the hole.  Tim got a ladder and pulled it out and since it had rained all morning water came through the hole and all over the contents in that cabinet, the furniture, floor and window shade.  In other words, made a mess!  We got everything cleaned out and I have to thank my camping buddies for all pitching in to get things cleaned up and mended.  I appreciate everyone's help.  We notified the Park Ranger of the situation and asked if a Ranger could come out to see the damage and check out the tree above our RV and report it.  No one showed up; very disappointing.  We realize the park is not responsible for the tree assaulting the RV but for insurance purposes a report would of been helpful.  I have posted a slideshow of the wound and the assualter.  Today the RV will be completely "healed" but it may need some theapy to get over the incident and to aid when being  parked unneath tall trees. 
On a lighter note, I would like to wish my favorite sister, and also my only sister, a very Happy Birthday!
I wish we could spend it together and I hope you have a fantastic day!  I love you very much Pam! Happy Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment