Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Picking Day

Today I am going strawberry picking.  It is strawberry time in Florida and we are traveling down to Lake Placid to a farm that offers strawberry picking along with vineyards and a winery.  It also sells fresh eggs and hens.  We are not getting a hen but the eggs are a good possibility.  We were going to go yesterday but I found out they were closed so we changed plans and are going today.  Yesterday, Tim did some maintenance on the truck and we also stopped by Tractor Supply Co store to see if they had a part for the truck.  While we were in there we kept hearing chicks peeping so we went to the middle of the store and there were two tubs of baby chicks.  They were so adorable.  There were start up kits on sale for the baby chicks too.  We did not get a chick! 
On a different note, a year ago today, I lost a good friend suddenly to a massive brain aneurysm.  She was at work, went to take a break, walked outside and died.  Her name was Judee Pepper and she was the type of person who loved and cared about everyone.  I only got to see her when I would go visit my sister in California but even then she made me feel like we had been friends forever and would make me feel very special.  She was also a very talented card maker and showed me a lot of techniques as she loved to share her craft.  The Rubba Sistas will never be the same!  Judee we love and miss you.  You will forever be in our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment