Friday, November 11, 2011

The Grand Canyon Part Two

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the men and women who are serving or have served in our military.  You are the reason our Country is strong and we all get to live the lifestyles we choose; Thank you!
Today started out so completely different than any other day since we began our journey.  Tim woke me up around 4:00 am this morning saying "I think it's time you take me to the Emergency room".  He was feeling ill all day yesterday with pain to his side on and off all day.  Last night when I was going to bed he was feeling worse but wanted to try and get some sleep.  We headed to the Verde Valley Medical Center and got seen right away.  The staff in the ER were excellent and took care of Tim right away.  He has a kidney stone and so he was given pain killers and some other medications to help the stone pass.  We were out of there by 7:00am.  Tim is comfortable and is resting now so hopefully that stone will pass very soon.  Not to put any pressure on him but it needs to be gone by Monday :)!  We were suppose to spend the day in Sedona yesterday but did not make it and it looks it won't happen today either.  That is the last thing we really wanted to do before we leave.  We have been in Sedona a few times but have not really seen Sedona and would like to before we leave.  Hopefully  by Sunday.
I knew there was a reason for doing a two part slideshow on the Grand Canyon.  So today I will be post the second slideshow and I think these pictures are even better!  I do have some more facts on the Grand Canyon I would like to share today with you.  The Grand  Canyon is the number one tourist attraction in  Arizona.  It gets 5 million visitors a year but only 10% of the visitors go visit the North Rim of the canyon.  The Grand Canyon Skywalk at the west rim of the canyon cost $31 million to complete and it was opened in 2007.  There are 70 species of mammals, 250 species of birds, 25 species of reptiles and 5 species of amphilbians.  The Colorado river flows west through the canyon and it averages about 30 ft wide, 100 ft deep and the average speed is about 4 miles per hour.  The Grand Canyon is 1 million acres of land.
This is our last week end in the Verde Valley and I think this has become one of our favorite places to spend time in.  I have already stated I feel at home in this area and Tim has grown fond of the area.  We will defineately be coming back here to stay a little longer.  I am not sure what we will be doing this week end. I will have to leave that up to Tim.  For now, we will lay low, relax and wait for the stone to pass!  Check back on its progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment