Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Clay County Christmas

Last night I was fortunate enough to participate in the the 4th Annual Clay County Christmas.  It is a three act performance that features Clay County groups.  The Clay County Band played the frist act.  The second act was some dancers from Clay county along with a shorten version of  "A Christmas Carol" featuring the students from St. John's County Day School.  The third act was a live Nativity and music provided by Diane Combs and the Orange Park United Methodist Church  Inspirations  who were the singing angels during the presentation of the Nativity.  It is a beautiful production that puts you in the Christmas spirit.  This year it was a sell out show.
Yesterday, Carrie and I went Christmas shopping and to our surprise the stores were still not crowded and there was plenty of help.  Even the Mall was easy to shop at.  I know this will change next week and stores should become busy.  The news talks about On line sales being bigger than ever and I can believe it.  I did some shopping on line but I still enjoy going out and physically picking out gifts.  To me, it is still part of Christmas and I get to spend time with Carrie!
Today, Tim and I will be driving to Lake City, FL to drop off the other scooter we sold on Ebay.  Lake City is about 75 miles west of Jacksonville.  We will be seeing a lot of Lake City the week after Christmas when we go camping with three other families at Stephen Foster State Park in White Springs, FL. Tonight we will drive around the Orange Park area to catch some Christmas light displays.  I have seen some beautiful ones the last couple of evenings and am anxious to share them.  Check back tomorrow to see what I found!

No comments:

Post a Comment