Friday, February 3, 2012

Last Leg of the Florida Journey

We have arrived in Orlando, Clermont, FL and we are on our last leg of our Florida journey.  We have enjoyed southwest Florida and learned a lot about the areas that we visited.  It has been fun and the only regret is that we did not make down into the Everglades while we were in Fort Myers.  We are going to be in Clermont for two weeks and will be going to Disneyworld and I have some tourist attractions I want to check out in Kissimmee and visit Lake Wales along with some other surprises.  We will be having some down time so Tim can do some maintenace on the RV too.  We are staying at the Thousand Trails Orlando and this place is packed.  I am glad we had reservations otherwise we would not of had a place to stay.  There are activities going on everywhere and the weather has been so nice, 82 degrees and sunny yesterday, that people are out and about and utilizing everything in the resort.  Even the miniature golf course was being used.  Both pools were packed and at the Activity center people were coming and going and participating in all of the activities going on.  What a difference from when we were here last July.  We had the place to ourself.  I like it busy better; more for me to do!
Today will be a quiet day.  We may go out to run some errands but that is about it.  Tomorrow we are planning on going to Downtown Disney and of course the Superbowl is Sunday.  Who are you rooting for?  I don't have a particular interest in the game since none of the teams I rooted for are not in it.  I will be there for the commercials though.  As for the teams; Tom Coughlin was the coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars for a few years so I will go for the Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment