Monday, March 26, 2012

A Windy Day At Kinglsey Lake

It was a very windy day yesterday.  When I left in the morning to go to church there was no wind and I thought this is going to be a great day for a BBQ.  I had friends coming for a BBQ in the afternoon.  When I returned from Church and I saw the lake all I saw were whitecaps.  I have never seen whitecaps on Kingsley lake all the years I have been visiting it so it came as a shock.  When I got out of the car I could not believe the wind.  It was so windy the grill had to be placed behind the RV just to cook the burgers.  It was still a warm sunny day and we still had a good time with our friends!  Thanks for coming Robin, Bob, Lisa and George.  I had waited to take pictures of the lake so on the pictures the waves had calmed down a bit.  It was still sloppy enough that there was no one using the lake.  Even the fishermen had given up.  I was hoping the sunset would be good but unfortunately clouds got in the way. The whole day was nice - wind and all!  Today we are moving to NAS Jacksonville where we will stay until after Easter.  These next couple of weeks we will busy getting ready for our next journey which will be our biggest yet!  I have posted our travels for April and May below.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment