Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Windy Day!

It was a windy day and a nice day.  It was sunny warm and was suppose to get up to 83 degrees but the wind kept the temperatures in the high 70's.  It was so windy that the hill I have to climb on my bike was easier because the wind was at my back and it helped push me up the hill. e However, on my way back down I usually don't have to pedal but yesterday the wind was against me and I had to pedal almost the whole way back to the RV.  That is a windy day!  During our walk yesterday we saw nature.  We decided to take one of the trails that goes along Peace river and we came across a large turtle sitting a on log in the middle of the river sunny itself.  We heard some rustling behind us and saw a little field bird (I think it was a quail) running behind us.  Further into our walk we came to a swimming hole that was full of water birds until Shadow got into the water.  That took care of all the birds for a while.  Shadow loves the water and he had a good time swimming and chasing a stick down stream.  I have included some pictures of our "nature" walk.  I also included a picture of the shuffleboard tournament that was going on and dedicate it to George.
Today we are going to Lake Wales to see Bok Tower, visit an Orange grove and check out 'Spook Hill'.  Check back tomorrow and find out what we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment