Wednesday, April 18, 2012

More Of The Things You See

As we were walking along yesterday we came across the Seabee squadron on NAS Jacksonville.  In front of their building is a very large metal bee with a gun in its arms along with tools.  Next to that is a military construction vehicle that serves as a memorial to the Seabees, past and present.   The Seabees get their name from their initials.  Construction Battalion of the United States Navy (CB).  They build bases, bulldoze and lay down air strips and roadways and several other construction projects and they may have to fight while they are doing all of the above.  The Seabees impact started in World War I and has continued through the rest of the wars and peacetime.  I thought their mascot was an amazing sight, especially the one at NAS Jax and it was a great way to signify what they do.
Carrie and Philip came over yesterday afternoon with their dog Harley.  Harley is going to have puppies!  We had a BBQ and Tim grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and corn on the cob.  It was a beautiful evening so we ate outside.  After dinner we played board games on the Wii.  We played the Game of Life and Mousetrap and we had a great time.  It was nice to play the games on the Wii  because we had enough room without the mess.  We were having so much fun we lost track of time. Another reason I particularly enjoyed it could be that I had won both games too!
Today I am going to helping out with some more props at Church.  I don't mind because it is my way to contribute to the TLCs and Dinner Theater since I won't be here to help and it keeps me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment