Monday, April 23, 2012

A New/Old Hobby

About 26 years ago I use to cross stitch and I loved it.  I did it for several years but gave it up some time in the late 1990s.  That is about the time I started rubber stamping and I still love that.  I know Tim will begin to role his eyes here when he reads this but I have started cross stitching again and I have really been enjoying it.  I got the urge to start again when we were down in Wauchula, FL and one of our neighbors was working on a project.  I left it a lone for a while but when we got back up to Jacksonville I bought a small kit and made it.  That led to another small kit which then led to buying a booklet for a future project that I cannot devulge because it will be for my children.  I can comfortably write that because I don't think they follow my blog faithfully.  Anyway, my friend Debbie, who also liked to cross stitch, had several cross stitch magazines and books and brought them to me to look at.  I spend most of yesterday looking through issues of magazines and booklets and finding so many great projects that it will keep me busy for years.  The best thing about cross stitching is that it is something I can do in the car while we are traveling.  Today Tim is running errands with our daughter Carrie and then later I will be heading ovet to Debbie's house to get some backgrounds finished for Dinner Theater.   Tomorrow I will be heading to Tampa, FL for the day to participate in a large choir at a United Methodist World Conference.  It will be a long one day trip but should be a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment