Tuesday, September 6, 2011

California

So here I am in Southern California amd I found out that it never rains this time of year and yet all it did yesterday was rain. Since it rains in Florida anytime I did not mind the rain, except when we were moving boxes, but people around here were besides themselves. The news reporters were calling it freaky! Sorry California, we brought you rain!
California is the most populous U.S. State and the third largest by land area. Its diverse geography ranges from the Pacific Ocean, west to the Sierra Nevada mountains, east. The Redwood-Douglas Fir forests of the northwest to the Mojave Desert area in the southeast. California contains both the highest and lowest point in the contiguous U.S.; Mount Whitney and Death Valley. It became the 31st State in 1850. The population of California in 2010 was 37,253,956.
Today, Tim and I will be moving the last few boxes to my Mom's new place. When I left her last night there were still several nick-knacks to be put away. Now I can bring her more! Her new apartment is very nice and now that she has some items from "home" it will make it feel more like home. Pam, my sister, Tim and I helped get a lot done yesterday and today I am hoping Tim and I can finish it up. If we do it will be the completion of a five month task for us. Tomorrow we will be begin to check out the local area. There is a lot to see and do around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment