Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fallbrook, CA

Fallbrook, CA is an incorporated town in San Diego County.  It is  a CDP area.  The population is 30,534 with a median income of $43,500 and a median age of 33.  The west side of town backs right up to the east side of the Marine Corp Base Camp Pendleton.  It was once a stage coach stop for the stage that ran from Temecula to San Diego.  Fallbrook is known for its Avocados and claims to be the "Avocado Captial of the World".  It hosts an Avocado Festival annually.  It is a small town that is home to a lot of military that are based at Camp Pendleton.  We drove through it on our way back to Oceanside.  Since I am not an avocado fan I did not bother to get any.  However they are available almost any where.
This week will be a little quiet for me.  I am staying at my sister's house to help her with the dogs.  She is co- hosting a big Fall Festival on Saturday so I will be helping her get ready for that too.  Tim and I will be doing some more tourist things around San Diego as this will be our last week here on the West Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment