Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Baking Day?

Yes, a baking day.  The thing is I don't bake.  I can cook and I enjoy it but I am not a baker and have never been one.  I always left baking to my sister when we were little.  She like to do it and made really good cookies. (I wonder if this is because I never had an Easy Bake Oven when I was a kid.  I wanted one but got a Fun Flowers Maker instead which I loved too!)  Yesterday I made really good cookies, in my opinion and the concensus of Tim and Carrie.  I made them from scratch which I have not done in about five years or more.  I made chocolate chip cookies and because I could not get my oven lite, a gas oven in an RV is a bit of a challenge, I used the convection oven.  It did a good job it just took twice as much time because of how smallness of the oven.  Tim went golfing so I was able to make a mess while baking and clean it up before he got home. Carrie came over for dinner and we watched "The Polar Express" together.  She had never seen it.  That was my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment