Saturday, December 3, 2011

First Full Day Home

So, what do you do after traveling 136 days?  Not much of anything.  We were suppose to go to our storage unit and get it cleaned up but Tim had to take care of a few things on the RV so we had to postpone that until larer today.  My daughter, Carrie, was off of work so I went to pick her up and we went shopping.  After staying in so many small towns, where the shopping was limited it is nice to be able to shop at whatever store I want.  I chose all three of the craft stores, Michaels, JoAnns, and AC Moore.  Philip, my son in law, came over for lunch and we all just enjoyed being together for the afternoon.  Last night, I went on my first journey looking for Christmas lights.  I started at Carrie's house.  She has not put up her lights yet but it looked great with everything she had set up.  Then drove around her neighborhood and checked out the lights.  There were not many to be seen but it is still early. I will be checking out Orange Park tonight.  Any suggestions on where I should go first?
Today I am going be Church to help out with a TLC project and then Carrie and I will get together this afternoon.  Today's Christmas song is "Suzy Snowflake"  This may have been one of the first music video's back in the early 1960s.  I use to watch a morning kids show in Chicago, Ray Rainer and Friends on WGN TV (my Chicago friends will know this show) and at Christmas time he would show the musical cartoon of this song.  I loved it!  I am taking suggestions for Christmas Songs if you have some please share them with me.  Also, if you know of any great Christams light displays, let me know so I can check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment