Saturday, December 24, 2011

Night of Lights St. Augustine, FL

Yesterday we went to St. Augustine, FL with our best friends, Bob and Robin.  We had a great day with stopping at the St. Augustine outlet, going to Camping World, visiting the winery, walking around St. George street and having an early dinner, (we did not eat lunch) at Pizzalley.  It is a great Italian restaurant with great food.  They have all the tradition dishes along with some really good pizza.  After dinner we walked around St. Augustine enjoying all of the lights.  Whilte lights are all arond the town and it is really beautiful.  I have included a slideshow of the lights.  It was a beautiful day about 80 degrees and when the sun set it stayed in the mid 70s.  What really surprised me was how busy St. Augustine was.  I forget it is a tourist area but I did not expect to see so many people.  It was the busiest I have seen it in a while. It was a great way to start Christmas.  On our way home we stopped by a house in Orange Park that has it lights set to music.  You tune in the station on your radio and then watch the light show.  It was very well done.  I am going to try and download a video on it tomorrow.  Yesterday was a great way to truely start Christmas spending time with great friends and doing something fun!
Today there is not much going on during the day but tonight will be busy.  I will be attending three Christmas Eve services.  I sing in two of them, 7:00 and 9:00.  The 11:00 service is a tradition for Carrie and I to attend and it is the best way to start Christmas day, right after midnight.  I hope you all have a wonderful Chistmas Eve and a very Merry Christmas with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment