Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Truck Is On The Mend

If you have been following me for a while you will remember about six weeks into our journey of East coast to West coast we were involved in an accident and we were not even in the car.  Our truck was struck be a young man under the influence of drugs and crinkled the driver's side truck bed panel along with the tail light, bumper and tail gate.  We received the insurance money to fix the truck a week after the accident but decided to wait until we got home to get it fixed.  Yesterday was the day and for the next three days the truck is getting worked on and hopefully will be good as new by Friday.  Our best friends, Bob and Robin, were gracious enough to loan us a vehicle this week.  Needless to say, I did not check out any Christmas lights last night. Maybe later this week!  I got my hair cut yesterday and just to show what a small world we live in here is a story about my hair cuts.  When I was in Menifee, CA I went and got my hair cut at Great Clips (which is where I get it cut at home too).  Thinking their systems were nationally linked I gave my phone number but then found out they are not.  The lady told me to take a seat.  When it was my time the same stylist asked "where in 'Jacksonville' I was from?"  It shocked me that she knew the area code but it ended up she was from Jacksonville and had just moved out to California.  I do believe I may have shared this story.  Anyway, yesterday, I went to my Great Clips and I was telling the stylist the story and she knew the California stylist because she had worked at the Orange Park shop.  See, small world!

1 comment:

  1. Ruth,
    We appreciate you stopping into our salons during your travels! It is such a small world!

    Thanks,
    Kasey S.
    Great Clips

    ReplyDelete