Friday, February 24, 2012

Fun Friday

Today we are going golfing with our friends Robin and Bob.  We enjoy playing golf with them and so  we know it will be a fun day.  Golf is a game that keeps me very humble.  For every great shot I make I follow it up by several bad shots.  It is the challenge of the game that keeps me playing.  Will I ever become a great golfer who can confidently walk up to the first tee and not worry about who may be watching me?  Yes, but it will only come after playing every day for years.  Tim and I are trying to figure out whether we want to take our golf clubs with us on our next trip.  We had them with us when we traveled across the southwest and never used them.  It is a tough decision especially since I know if we don't bring them lots of opportunities will arise for us to play but if we do bring them then they won't.  Is that one of Murphy's laws?
I had a great lunch with two wonderful friends, Jean and Sharon, yesterday.  We ate at Panera, which is our lunch place, and it was good to be together again catching up with each other.  You know it is a true friendship when we can be apart for a time and when we come together it is like we were never apart.  I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful friends and those friendships are the one thing that makes it tough to travel and be away from them for long periods of time.  That is why I am blessed with these friendships because we do stay in contact during my travels and when I return we just pick up where we left off.  Thank you to all of my friends for hanging in there!  Thanks to all who follow me through this blog and our travels.  If you are new, welcome and please check back as we will be on the road again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment