Monday, February 27, 2012

The Oscars

I blame my mother for the fact that I love watching the Oscars.  When I was a little girl that was one night I was allowed to stay up late so I could watch them and we watched them as a family.  I enjoyed last night's show and thought Billy Crystal did a good job hosting.  I loved the little comments about the Kodak theater
and actually laughed out loud at some of the skits.  I do miss the musical numbers from the nominated songs but I guess this year was not a year for music with only two songs being nominated.  There are so many movies I now have to see and will check them out when they get released on DVD.  I still may go see 'The Descendants' before it leaves the theater. 
The Daytona 500 for the first time ever got rained out and was postponed until today at noon.  I wonder what all the fans do who are scheduled to work today?  I wonder if there are tickets available?  I hope they can run it today although as I write this it is raining and the radar does not look like the weather may cooperate today either. 
Today, with the rain, I will probably just stay in and work on some craft items.  Carrie and Philip are coming over for dinner tonight. Now I need your help; in April, after Easter, we will be headed to South Carolina for a couple of weeks.  We will be staying in western South Carolina near Clemson University.  If you have any suggestions on things to do and see around that area please let me know.  Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment