Sunday, April 1, 2012

MS 5K Walk Results

The MS 5K Walk in Orange Park, FL was a success yesterday.  There was a good turnout and thank you for the donations.  I met my goal between the Internet  donations and the donations I turned in at the event.  I walked with the Carter family, my friend Robin's family, and Robin did a great job leading the pack.  We walked at a pretty good pace and finished the 5K in about 45 minutes.  I saw a lot of friends at the walk that I have not seen in a while and it was good to catch up.  The threat of rain was with us the whole time and we did get a few sprinkles.  After the walk we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and right after we got there a huge storm came through and it poured the entire time we were having breakfast.  It quit just as we were leaving Cracker Barrel and did not rain again until I got home.  The rest of the day was rain,rain, rain which was good because we needed it!  It was a good day. 
Today is Palm Sunday and I will be singing at all three services today at church.  Holy Week has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment