Monday, April 2, 2012

Palm Sunday

Palm Sunday has always been one of my favorite Sundays in Church.  Waving palms, the music and the beginning of Holy Week.  Palm Sunday has other meanings or memories to me.  I was confirmed and joined the Church on Palm Sunday in 1974.  I attended my current Church, Orange Park United Methodist Church, for the first time on Palm Sunday in 1991; a couple of months later we joined the Church.  Palm Sundays have always been a Sunday shared with family and friends and this Palm Sunday was no different.  I sang at all three services at Church and enjoyed being with my friends between services.  After Church, Tim and I had lunch then made a final run to our storage locker before we leave on our year long journey.  We are finalizing the first eight months and I will post our itinerary in a couple of days.  After the storage unit, we went to Carrie and Philip's house and watched the ending of the NASCAR race then went to dinner after Philip got home from work and spent a nice evening with them.
We have a lot to do this week as we make the final preparations for the trip and spend time with family and friends. Today I am having lunch with my very good friend, Debbie, then Tim has one final medical test to do.  Travel songs will continue next week.  Any suggestions, please share...State songs will work too!

No comments:

Post a Comment