Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fishing Day 4

We tried our hand at fishing again.  The Gulf was said be 1 -2 ft waves but it was more like 2-3 ft with an occasional 4 ft wave but as least it was not like Saturday.  We started trolling and I caught a King but it seemed small so we threw it back in.  Then I started playing a little game with the fish called 'eat my bait'.  I must have gone through at least 5 baits in a row where I was reeling the fish in and then all of a sudden the fish would come unhooked and all I had left was a fish head on my hook.  Bob was more successful in catching two kings.  I did catch one more except it was too small again  and we let it go.  Talk about downsizing, I did that very well yesterday after my big catch on Friday.  We then went into the bay and trolled for Spanish in there.  I caught one and a bluefish but we let the bluefish go.  So, that was my fishing day.  Not as productive as day 2 or 3 but at least I did catch something.  We are headed out again today for another fishing day so hopefully I will catch some bigger ones.  Check back tomorrow and see what I ended up getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment