Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fishing Day 5

On our 5th day of fishing it started out slowly.  We did decide to do breakfast at the Blue Top before fishing and we started fishing a little later (after 10:00).  Robin said she would love to catch some Ma hi ( Dolphin) and sure enough after trolling for a little over an hour she caught the first one.  Robin then hooked a second Ma hi and brought it in.   While we were fishing we noticed we had two porpoises following us but never touching our bait or our catches. They are smart!  Bob then caught a Bonita (from the tuna family but not great eating) and decided it was not keeping and threw it back in.  We jokingly thought maybe we should give it to the porpoise but let the fish go instead.  Not 5 seconds in the water when the porpoise came up and nabbed the Bonita we had just released.  Let's just say it was not that Bonita's day.  By now I have not even had a hit on my rod.  I was determined to catch a fish.  Well I finally caught a King and after that a Ma hi but I lost it when Tim grabbed the lead to bring the fish in the boat and the lead broke.  Technically it was a catch just no fish to prove it.  This has been my history with Ma hi.  I catch them but they never make it in the boat.  I tried one more time and finally caught a Ma hi and brought it into the boat.  Ma hi is a beautiful fish in and out of the water.  So, we had another successful day of fishing catching three Ma hi and one King.  Today we head out to the Gulf for another day of fishing.  I only fish once a year and that is when I come to Panama City with our friends Robin and Bob.  I do enjoy it but I enjoy the company more and they appreciate what I catch since I don't eat fish!  Come back tomorrow to see if my luck continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment